This show was the final Barbados Kennel Club’s Championship All Breeds Dog Show for the year. The judge was from Ireland and is an FCI judge. She is also approved in the UK to award Challenge Certificates in the UK to the following breeds shown at this show: Boxer, Bullmastiff, Dobermann, Great Dane. She is approved by The Kennel Club, UK, to judge all of the groups and also Best in Show.
This show took a drop in numbers and I believe this could be because several of us have puppies and would therefore be avoiding Waterford grounds where the shows are held. Parvo and other dog sicknesses are highly contagious, especially to puppies. Any area where there a lot of dogs could put vulnerable dogs and puppies at risk.
There were no Toy entries, and no Terrier entries. Just the Rhodesian Ridgeback, with 3 individual entries, in the Hound Group. The Utility Group only had two breeds, the Japanese Shiba Inu and the Tibetan Terrier and only one dog from each breed. The Gundog group had 4 breeds, The Flat coated Retriever, The Golden Retriever, the Labrador Retriever and the Irish Setter (one of which just competed in the Veteran class). The Working group was still well represented with 7 breeds and the bulk of the entries came from the Working Group. My own breed, Bouvier des Flandres was absent as I currently have Tibetan Terrier puppies here. Also missing was the Russian Black Terrier which has been competing lately. The top winning dogs of this show came from the Working Group, a Rottie and a Boxer as the reserve. Both of which are locally bred.
This show was sponsored by Spartan Animal Kingdom. 243-7323 This company carries, besides dog food, a range of dog products which include grooming, training, supplements, and playing items.
Here is the critique, as provided by The Barbados Kennel Club.
CLASS 4 – GOLDEN RETRIEVER (OPEN DOG)
1st – Mrs. L. Husband’s CH. HOLDERS SAPPHIRE SKY – (4) Very typical dog who could be in better coat. Very nice head with soft expression, good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, a little weak in pasterns. Good topline and tail carriage, could have more spring of rib and be a little stronger in hindquarters but carries himself well going around the ring keeping a good topline. CC.
CLASS 5 – GOLDEN RETRIEVER (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mrs. L. Husbands & Mrs. J. Ray’s SH.CH. ANGELUSPARKs HEAVEN’S GIFT TO THATCHER
(5) Well presented feminine Bitch with very nice outline. Typical head with good mouth and soft expression , good reach of neck , could have a little more height of foreleg. Well sprung ribs carried well back, well angulated hindquarters, covers the ground well on the move keeping a nice outline. Scored in coat and condition over the male. CC BOB later won Group 2nd.
CLASS 6 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (MINOR PUPPY DOG)
1st – Mrs. G. Alluard’s MARANATHA’S MARLEY
(6) Masculine dog in good coat and condition with lovely happy temperament. Well balanced head with correct stop and good mouth, could have slightly darker eyes. Good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm, well sprung ribs, strong hindquarters, spoils himself a bit on the move by not carrying himself properly and making it difficult to assess but this just needs a bit more ring training.
CLASS 7 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (JUNIOR DOG)
1st – Mrs. V. Challenor’s ZINZARA MIDNIGHT MAGIC
(7) Very nice masculine dog in good coat and condition. Lovely head with correct stop and dark expressive eyes. Good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm which makes him a little short stepping in front movement, turns his feet out a little, excellent rib cage, strong hindquarters, would prefer a lower tail carriage on the move but he goes with great attitude using his strong hindquarters well. BOB
CLASS 8 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER ( PUPPY BITCH)
1st – Mrs. C. Murnighan & Mr. A. Gibson’s OVER THE MOONS SHINING HALO – (8) Feminine Bitch in great coat and showing well. Well balanced head, falls away a little under the eyes, excellent mouth and nice expression. Good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, well sprung ribs, could have a little more angulation in hindquarters to allow her to move with more drive. Very nice outline and correct tail carriage on the move. Best Puppy
CLASS 10 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mr. E. Maynard’s PITNEZE PRINCESS LEAH
(10) Very typical Bitch who just needs to be a bit more positive on the move. Well balanced head could be a little stronger in muzzle and broader in skull, correct stop, good mouth and nice soft expression. Good reach of neck, well laid shoulders , turns her feet out a little, well sprung ribs, strong hindquarters and correct tail. Moves soundly just needs to be a bit more positive on the move and carry herself better. CC
CLASS 11 – FLAT COATED RETRIEVER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – Mrs. B. Greenidge’s BLACFRIAR MONOPOLY IN PARADISE
(11) Well balanced dog with typical happy temperament. Really nice head with dark expressive eyes, good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, a little weak in pasterns, good depth of brisket, correct topline and tailset, covers the ground with a nice easy stride keeping his nice topline and using his tail well. CC BOB and later won the Gundog Group.
CLASS 12 – RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – Mrs. N.L. Flores’ XOEFORDIAN BALACK
(12) Impressive male in wonderful coat and condition. Very nice head could have a little more underjaw, lovely expression, good reach of neck, well laid shoulders, could have better pasterns, good body and strong hindquarters, falls off a little too much over his croup, moves really well covering the ground easily. Res.CC.
CLASS 13 – RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK (OPEN DOG)
1ST – Mr. O. & Master K. Holder’s CH. CROWNRIDGEFLASH FORWARD
(13) Impressive masculine dog of excellent type with lovely head and expression, good mouth. Good reach of neck, needs more layback of shoulder, good depth of brisket, strong hindquarters which he uses well, a little loose in front movement but goes with great drive with a lovely outline.CC & BOB
CLASS 14 – RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK (JUNIOR)
1st – Mr. M. Forde’s XOEFORDAN BEIRA BON FIRE
(14) Well balanced feminine Bitch with very nice outline. Typical head with good mouth and expression, good reach of neck a little short in upper armand slightly weak in pasterns. Good body and topline, could have stronger hindquarters, just needs a little more confidence on the move and more maturity. CC.
CLASS 18 – JAPANESE SHIBA INU (OPEN DOG)
1st – Mr. A. Taylor’s CH. MASSIMA NO ONE GREATER
(18) Well balanced male with really nice head and expression, well set ears, good neck and shoulder, could have a little more height of foreleg, good body and topline with correct tail, could have stronger hindquarters but uses them well and moves well keeping his good topline. CC BOB and later won the group
CLASS 19 – TIBETAN TERRIER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – Dr. J. Crump’s KYBO CALYPSO KID
(19) Well balanced dog of correct size and nice type. Well balanced head could have a little more stop, nice expression, correct length of neck, a little loose in elbows, correct body proportions with good depth of brisket, good topline and tail carriage, could be better in front movement but goes with great style and nice carriage.CC BOB.
CLASS 20 – BULLMASTIFF (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s ARDHUB BLACK’S IN THE NAME TO NEXGEN
(20) Masculine dog in good condition with good bone and substance. Very nice head with well defined stop, broad well filled muzzle and dark expressive eyes. Good reach of neck, well laid shoulders, well sprung ribs with good depth of brisket, strong bone and God feet, good topline and tailset, strong hindquarters, moves with great drive covering the ground with ease. A very nice dog who will have a great future. CC & BOB
CLASS 22 – BULLMASTIFF (LIMIT BITCH)
1ST – Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s NEXGEN HOLD THAT TIGER
(22) Well balanced feminine Bitch who could have a more positive temperament. Head needs stronger muzzle with more padding and more defined stop and could have darker eyes. Good neck and shoulder with well sprung ribs and good body proportions, well muscled hindquarters, moves soundly but could be more positive on the move and go with more drive. Res. CC
CLASS 23 – BULLMASTIFF (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mr. R. Wood’s CH. WOODNEY DIANA WHITE
(23) Feminine Bitch of nice type who scored with her typical head with well defined stop, well padded muzzle and dark expressive eyes. Good reach of neck, well sprung ribs and correct topline, could be stronger in hindquarters and moves a little close behind but has a correct topline and still covers the ground well, could be a little more positive on the move.CC & RBOB
CLASS 24 – DOBERMANN (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mr. M. Forde’s ARISA BALTIC RESIDENCE
(24) Well balanced Bitch who could be in much better condition both in coat and body weight. Very nice wedge shaped head with well shaped eyes and good mouth. Good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm, good depth of brisket, good topline, could be stronger in hindquarters and tidier in front movement, but keeps a good outline on the move. CC & BOB.
CLASS 25 – GIANT SCHNAUZER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s BLACK CLIFF ORION AT NEXGEN
(25) Slightly immature male who could be moving better. Nice clean head with dark eyes, could have better mouth and better coat texture. Good reach of neck a little wide in front, good depth of brisket, and well let down hocks, needs to carry himself better on the move and go with more drive.
CLASS 26 – GREAT DANE (LIMIT BITCH)
1st – Mrs. J. Pinheiro’s DRAGONFLY VENUS DE LA BLEU
(26) Well bodied Bitch with good bone and substance. Very nice cleanhead with nice expression, good reach of neck, well laid shoulders, good feet, good depth of brisket, could have stronger hindquarters, unfortunately paced all the time on the move and spoilt her chances of higher awards. BOB
CLASS 27 – ROTTWEILER (MINOR PUPPY)
1st – Dr. W.L. Welch’s ELTHOR DARK ZIKO
(27) Very promising young male in good coat and condition. Typical head with full dentition, and dark well shaped eyes. Good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, a little weak in pasterns as to be expected at his age, good body proportions with ribs carried well back, well angulated hindquarters, moves soundly but needs a bit more training to be more positive on the move. Best Puppy
CLASS 28 – ROTTWEILER (PUPPY DOG)
1st – Mr. S. Howell’s ARKON V HAUS GASKIN
(29) Well bodied masculine dog who scored in front over 2nd. Typical head with moderate stop and dark well shaped eyes. Good reach of neck, well laid shoulders, a little weak in pasterns, good bone and feet.Well sprung ribs carried well back, needs time to strengthen in hindquarters, covers the ground with good reach and drive and good topline.
2nd – Mr. R. Bascombe’s KENT RIDGE SON OF KRYPTONITE
(28) Masculine dog who could have more clearly defined tan markings. Head needs time to fill out under the eyes. Dark expressive eyes, good reach of neck, would prefer better pasterns and front. Good body and topline, strong hindquarters, loose in front movement, but goes with great drive around the ring with very nice carriage.
CLASS 29 – ROTTWEILER (JUNIOR DOG)
1st – Mr. J. Edghill’s MONIFA BLACK MAXIMUS
(31) Impressive male with correct size and substance. Lovely head with correct stop and muzzle, dark expressive eyes , good reach of neck, a little weak in pasterns, good bone and feet, well sprung ribs carried well back, strong hindquarters, very positive on the move with great drive and lovely carriage. A really nice dog. CC and BOB and later I was pleased to give him Best In Show
CLASS 30 – ROTTWEILER (LIMIT DOG)
1st – Dr. W.L. Welch’s ELTHOR DARK MATCHO
(32) Well balanced dog of correct size. Typical head with nice expression and full dentition. Good reach of neck, a little loose in shoulders, good depth of brisket, a little long in loin and slightly over angulated in hindquarters, good topline on the move, good coat and condition
CLASS 31 – ROTTWEILER (OPEN DOG)
1st – Mr. N. McClean’s KENT RIDGE SUZUKI’S DRIVER (34) Impressive masculine dog of good size with good bone and substance. Typical head with nice expression and good mouth. Good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm and could have better pasterns Well sprung ribs carried well back, strong hindquarters which he uses well on the move keeping his nice outline. Very close decision between him and the CC winner. Res. CC and Res. BOB.
2nd – Mr. K. Green’s MEDIC SHAMUS
(35) Well built masculine dog who could have more height of foreleg and better front and pasterns. Typical head with dark well shaped eyes, good mouth, good reach of neck, well sprung ribs , topline falls off a little over his croup and he could be better in front movement but he goes with great drive keeping a nice carriage.
CLASS 32 – ROTTWEILER (MINOR PUPPY BITCH)
1ST – Mr. R. Bascombe’s KENT RIDGE TOO SEXY FOR JAPAN
(37) Well balanced feminine Bitch just right for her age. Typical head with full dentition, could have darker eyes. Good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, a little weak in pasterns, good ribcage and correct body proportions, covers the ground really well with a nice easy stride and good outline.
CLASS 33 – ROTTWEILER (JUNIOR BITCH)
1st – Mr. O. Holder’s MONIFA BLACK SORIE
(38) Very feminine well balanced Bitch in great coat and condition. Well balanced head with dark well shaped eyes and full dentition. Good reach of neck, could have better feet and patterns, well sprung ribs, could be a little shorter in loin, moves soundly but could be a little more positive on the move. Res. CC
CLASS 34 – ROTTWEILER (MAIDEN BITCH)
1st – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD CENDY’S HEAT
(40) Feminine well balanced Bitch, typical head with nice expression, could have a better mouth. Good reach of neck, a little weak in patterns, well sprung ribs, a little long in loin and could have stronger hindquarters. Moved steadily with a good outline.
CLASS 35 – ROTTWEILER (NOVICE BITCH)
1st – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD CIMBA’S HEAT
(41) Feminine Bitch in good coat and condition. Head could be a little stronger in muzzle, dark well shaped eyes. Good reach of neck could have more layback of shoulder, well sprung ribs, could have better topline on the move but uses her hindquarters well.
CLASS 36 – ROTTWEILER (LIMIT BITCH)
1st – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD CIA’S HEAT
(42) Feminine well balanced Bitch with typical head but would prefer better shaped eyes and better hair cover around her eyelids. Good reach of neck , well laid shoulders and well sprung ribs, good body proportions, could have more muscle on her hindquarters. Topline falls off a little over her croup. Very positive on the move with nice free easy movement.
CLASS 37 – ROTTWEILER (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mr. O Holder’s MONIFA SHADES OF PINK
(43) Very feminine Bitch in good coat and condition. Head could have stronger muzzle, nice expression. Could have better feet and patterns. Good neck and shoulder, well sprung ribs carried well back, scored in topline and hindquarters over 2nd. CC
2nd – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD BEA’S A BURNING
(44) Well balanced Bitch with good bone. Typical head with nice expression, good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, a little wide in front, well sprung ribs, could have stronger hindquarters and falls off a little over her croup. Very positive on the move covering plenty of ground.
CLASS 39 – GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG (NOVICE DOG)
1st Dr. N. Barker’s KURAN V. TIEKERHOOK
(46) Slightly feminine male in good condition. Nice head and expression with well set ears, good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm and could have better pasterns and better ribcage, good topline and tailset could have stronger hindquarters, moved with very nice attitude and carriage.
CLASS 40 – GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG (JUNIOR BITCH)
1st – Mr. F. Blackman’s ECHO EL DORADO
(47) Feminine Bitch in good coat and condition. Well balanced head with dark expressive eyes and well placed ears. Good reach of neck, a little short in upper arm and could have a little more height of foreleg. Good depth of brisket, nice body proportions, crosses a little in hind movement but covers the ground well keeping her nice outline. Res. CC and Res. BOB
CLASS 41 – GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG (NOVICE BITCH)
1st – Mr. P. Blunte’s CHOMAHAUS VON MISER
(48) Feminine Bitch in good coat and condition who just needs to make a bit more of herself on the move. Typical well balanced head, well shaped eyes, good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, turns her feet out a little and could have stronger pasterns . Good ribcage, and well angulated hindquarters, could be better in front movement and keep a better outline on the move .
CLASS 42 – GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG (OPEN BITCH)
1st – Mrs. B. Kaufman’s THORSSON HAUS AVA
(49) Well presented Bitch who really made the most of herself. Very nice head with well set ears, could have slightly darker eyes. Good reach of neck and depth of brisket, a little long in loin, well angulated hindquarters, a little wide in front movement but carries herself well keeping a good outline going around the ring.BOB
CLASS 43 – BOXER ( PUPPY DOG)
1st – Miss J. Wilson’s SUNDIAL’S THUNDER BOLT AT KAIBO
(50) Well balanced male in good coat and condition just right for his age. Well balanced head just needs to break a little more to fill out his muzzle, correct chin , good mouth and dark expressive eyes. Good reach of neck and good front with nice round bone and tight cat feet. Good depth of brisket, short back, well muscled hindquarters, just needs to improve in topline over his croup but moves soundly with good drive and forward extension. Res. CC
CLASS 44 – BOXER (OPEN DOG)
1st – Miss J. Wilson’s CH. SUNDIAL’S SUN GOD APOLLO AT KAIBO C.D.
(51) Well balanced masculine dog who made the most of himself with his lovely carriage on the move. Typical head with correct stop, clean skull and wide underjaw. Dark expressive eyes, good reach of neck well laid shoulders, tight cat feet, short back, good topline and hindquarters, moved really well with plenty of drive and lovely outline, a really nice dog. CC and BOB and finally Reserve Best In Show.
CLASS 45 – BOXER ( PUPPY BITCH)
1st – Miss G. Leach’s SUNDIAL’S AURORA SUNRISE AT WORTHINGTON
(52) Well balanced feminine Bitch in great condition. Head needs time to break and develop more padding in the muzzle, good lip placement and dark expressive eyes. Good reach of neck, short back, good front , good depth of brisket, strong well muscled hindquarters, scored with her good sound movement and lovely outline. Best Puppy and Best Puppy In Show.
CLASS 46 – BOXER (NOVICE BITCH)
1ST – Mr. M. & Mrs. L. King’s TABOR RIDGE PRINCESS JOSIE
(53) A really honest Bitch with no exaggeration, scored with her very nice head with correct lip placement , well padded muzzle and dark well shaped eyes. Good reach of neck running into well laid shoulders, could have better feet and patterns, well sprung ribs, short back good topline and strong hindquarters, moved very soundly with a nice outline.
2nd – Mrs. J. Pinheiro’s COBBLERS ROCK CHINA BELL
(54) Feminine Bitch in good coat and condition not doing much to help her handler today. Typical head could have more filling under the eyes and more upturn to her nose. Dark expressive eyes, well laid shoulders, good rib cage and well muscled hindquarters, just could make a bit more of herself and carry herself better on the move.
CLASS 47 – BOXER ( LIMIT BITCH)
1st – Mrs. S. Foster’s SUNDIAL’S SUN GODDESS ARINNA
(55) Feminine Bitch in good condition who scored in body and front. Well balanced head could have better mouth and more turn up to her nose. Dark expressive eyes, good depth of brisket, strong hindquarters, lovely free movement going around the ring. CC
2nd – Mrs. L. Carillo’s SUNDIAL’S PACHA MAMA
(56) Feminine Bitch of nice type, well balanced head could have a little more chin. Dark expressive eyes, good reach of neck well laid shoulders, could have a little more bone and better feet. Short back, good topline and strong hindquarters, carries herself very well on the move. Res. CC
CLASS 48 – BOXER (OPEN BITCH)
1ST – Miss G. Leach’s CH. WORTHINGTON’S PRETTY N PEACH
(57) Well made Bitch in good coat and condition maybe a touch heavy for a female. Head has well padded muzzle but could have a little more chin and more upturn of her nose. Dark expressive eyes, good reach of neck, good forechest and well laid shoulders, short back, strong well angulated hindquarters, covers the ground with ease on the move, keeping her very nice outline.
CLASS 49 – VETERAN.
Mr. & Mrs. A. Moore’s SH.CH. FEARNLEY FIRE STORM OF MOORLANDS C.D.
(58) Impressive Irish Red Setter with very nice outline. Excellent head with correct stop and nice kind expression. Good reach of neck , could have a little more layback of shoulder, good depth of brisket , good topline and tailset, moved well keeping his nice outline, just showing his age a little in rear movement.
Share and Enjoy
First ever Tibetan Terrier Pedigree Puppies born in Barbados. There are 3 males and 1 female.
Tibetan Terriers are 1 of the oldest breeds known to civilisation and were called “Little People”, “the Good Luck Dog”, and the “Holy Dog of Tibet”. My Bouviers love my Tibetan Terrier.
The Tibetan Terrier was used as a companion dog, for herding, and for a watchdog.
It is a medium sized breed which does not shed its coat and is a hypoallergenic breed. I think it is so nice to have a dog which does not shed and so a house, vehicles etc. can remain free of dogs’ hair.
It will need regular grooming, though, to maintain a beautiful coat. Of course, the coat can always be cut in a pet trim once it is not entering the conformation show ring. Once it enters the show ring, the coat should not be cut nor trimmed and it should be shown naturally.
The Tibetan Terrier is described as happy, active, lively, intelligent, affectionate and agile.
It is not a true Terrier and is not usually dog aggressive.
The dam of the litter is Ch. Araki Miss Conduct at Calliope, C.D.
She has achieved 2 out of 2 Best Puppy in show at Barbados Kennel Club Championship Dog Shows, and also 1 Utility Group win. She is currently working for the CDX title which includes off leash and handler out of sight exercises as well as dumb bell retrievals and jumps. All exercises are off leash.
The sire of the litter is Ch. Kybo Calypso Kid who has achieved 2 Reserve Utility Group wins. He is seen below.
In Barbados, the breeds which have been competing in the Utility Group are Japanese Akita, Miniature Schnauzer, English Bull Dog, French Bulldog, Japanese Shiba Inu and the Tibetan Terrier.
Both the sire and dam of the puppies are imported and come from the very well known and respected Tibetan Terrier kennels of Araki and Kybo.
The puppies are registered with The Barbados Kennel Club and will have their first inoculation in approximately 1 weeks time, when they will be 7 weeks old. They are wormed every week.
I am keeping a female puppy, “Jolene” and the sire’s owner will have the choice of the 3 males.
All available puppies have gone to their new homes.
Share and Enjoy
This is a great opportunity for persons interested in dog sports and dog training to listen to and meet a top trainer, originally from Trinidad and Tobago, who now lives and trains in the USA. And competes and does well with his dogs at World competitions.
Contact Fabian of The Barbados Working Dogs Association, if you are interested, at 233 1564
Share and Enjoy
This was a first time judging of dogs in Barbados for Graham Hill but he did tell me that he has visited Barbados before and he was delighted to return for a visit with his wife.
He is approved by The Kennel Club, UK, to judge in the UK the Pastoral Group (these breeds go into our Working Group), the Hound Group and Best in Show. From the breeds presented to him on the day of the show, he is approved by The Kennel Club, UK to award Challenge Certificates to the Rhodesian Ridgeback, (Hound Group), the German Shepherd (Pastoral Group), the Japanese Shiba Inu (Utility Group) and the Rottweiler (Working Group). This judge is regarded as a Hound specialist.
As an exhibitor I always like to see what the judge is approved to judge in his own country, the UK. And I do research on the internet to see what breeds he puts up. There is a lot of politics in the dog world overseas and that is also applicable to judging in Barbados, in my opinion.
I would imagine that just as we research the judges coming here, the judges coming here also know a bit about our dogs and the kennels they have come from and some of the exhibitors.
Some groups like the Toy and Hound Groups only had one breed competing in the groups so automatically became group winners.
Only 51 dogs were shown on the day. (Not including any variety class)
As usual, approximately half of the dogs shown came from the Working Group which had 7 breeds.
Missing at this show were Working Group breeds like the Great Dane, the Bordeaux, Dobermann, Mastiff etc.
Significant and should be a red flag for the Barbados Kennel Club, and the future of dog shows in Barbados, is the lack of participants in junior handling competitions. There is one good junior, O’Neale Holder’s son seen at the shows handing dogs.
Some pix. were given to me by Franz Phillips who passed in briefly at the show. Although I did have a pocket camera at the show, I handled 2 coated breeds, from 2 groups (Utility and Working) which followed each other. So I would have had little time to photograph group wins.
In the above picture, the Best in Show dog, the Japanese Shiba Inu, is stacked by one of its owners, O’Neale Holder. This dog is co-owned by O’Neale and his son, standing 2nd from left and Andy Taylor who is also, the breeder, at extreme left.
The Reserve Best in Show dog, a Labrador Retriever, is stacked by Sean Howell who handled it in the ring. It is locally bred by Zoe Marshall and owned by Virginia Challenor. Also in the pix. are the judge and representatives from the sponsors of the show.
Both of these dogs are locally bred dogs. A credit to their breeders.
On reading the critique, it will be noticed that Graham Hill withheld Challenge Certificates from several breeds.
I am in complete agreement with a judge withholding Challenge Certificates if, in his opinion, he does not think the dog exhibited is worthy of the title Champion. I agree with encouraging exhibitors to come to shows but Challenge Certificates should never be automatic, if not there would be so many cheap Champions around that do not truly represent the breed standard. Breeders could then also say things like both parents are champions but really just have poor breed specimens that maybe then they are breeding from.
On this market though, a lot of buyers do not seem interested in whether the parents are excellent representatives of the breed and carry the title Champions. If the buyer wants a particular breed, they seem to buy it regardless. And this market is also flooded with mixed, crossbred and rescue puppies and dogs. And some of the mixed breeds sell for more money than some of the pedigree dogs.
As I only copy and paste the critique which comes out from The Barbados Kennel Club, if it comes out in capitals, like this one, is will appear on this blog in capitals.
CLASS 1 – BULL TERRIER (NOVICE DOG)
1ST NUMBER 1 – Mr. D. Brathwaite’s KINGDOM’S MERLOT – ONE WHO HAS A TYPY WELL SHAPED HEAD OF DECENT PROPORTIONS WITH GOOD WIDTH ACROSS THE SKULL. WELL SHAPED EYES. PLEASING WIDTH ACROSS THE CHEST. BODY COULD BE SHORTER IN BACK AS IN PROFILE HE LOOKED A LITTLE LONG. SKIN CONDITION NEEDS TO BE WATCHED. FREE MOVING.
CLASS 2 – BULL TERRIER (OPEN DOG)
1ST & CC & BOB & TERRIER GROUP 2 – NUMBER 2 – Messrs. L. & C. Mark’s CH. BLUEPOINT IMPERIAL BLACK – A MATURE MALE HAVING THE APPEARANCE OF STRENGTH AND SIZE. MASCULINE TYPY HEAD ALL IN SIZE AND PROPORTION TO THE REST OF HIM. SLIGHTLY UNDERSHOT; EARS COULD BE CLOSER TOGETHER ALTHOUGH IMPROVED APPEARANCE WHEN ALERT. GOOD SHORT, STRONG NECK. TRUE WELL BONED FRONT OF GOOD WIDTH. OVERALL COULD BE SHORTER IN BACK ALTHOUGH HAS GOOD SPRING AND DEPTH OF CHEST. MOVED WELL AND FREE WITH PARALLEL ACTION IN FRONT.
CLASS 3 – STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER (OPEN DOG)
1ST & CC – NUMBER 3 – Mr. W.A. Welch & Dr. W.L. Welch’s ELTHOR’S BREAKING BAD – A VERY SMART BREED TYPICAL MALE WHO HAS A VERY PLEASING HEAD, EYES AND EXPRESSION; HEAD SET WELL ONTO A SHORT MUSCULAR NECK. WELL MADE FOREQUARTERS; PLEASING BODY WITH GOOD SPRING AND BEING RIBBED WELL BACK. MOVED WITH PURPOSE AND A TRUE ACTION. JUST PREFERRED THE BALANCED STANDING PROFILE AND EASY GAIT OF THE BITCH FOR BOB.
CLASS 4 – STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & CC & BOB & TERRIER GROUP WINNER– NUMBER 4 – Mr. W.A. Welch’s DEVILS AND FAIRIES QUICK SILVER – A WELL BALANCED, POWERFUL LOOKING MALE OF FIRM CLEAN LINES. HANDSOME, ALERT AND BOLD IN EXPRESSION; BREED TYPICAL HEAD SET WELL ONTO A MUSCULAR GOOD LENGTH NECK. TRUE AND WELL BONED IN FRONT WITH BALANCE IN ANGULATION FRONT AND REAR. STRONG CLOSE COUPLED BACK, FIRM AND LEVEL IN TOP LINE. STANDS WITH A VERY CHARACTERISTIC ATHLETIC LOOK WITH AN APPERANCE OF STRENGTH. SHE MOVED WELL TRUE AND FREE.
CLASS 5 – CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL (OPEN DOG)
1ST & CC & TOY GROUP WINNER – NUMBER 5 – Mrs. G. Seale’s EMBEE HIGHLAND MAGIC – A VERY ATTRACTIVE FRIENDLY WELL COATED ELEGANT MALE WHO HAS A VERY PLEASING HEAD, LARGE ENOUGH EYES WITH A FRIENDLY EXPRESSION. WELL MADE IN FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS WITH A DESIRABLE SHORT COUPLED WELL MADE BODY. TENDS TO SPLAY IN FRONT AND LOOK WEAK BEHIND WHEN STANDING ON THE TABLE BUT COMES TOGETHER ON THE MOVE AND DISPLAY HIS BEST POINTS WITH A TRUE FRONT AND REAR ACTION.
CLASS 6 – CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL (OPEN BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 6 – Mrs. G. Seale’s EMBEE BLUEBELL OF BARBADOS – A SWEET HEADED RED WHO NEEDS TO SETTLE AND GAIN CONFIDENCE BOTH STANDING AND MOVING TO SHOW HIMSELF OFF TO BEST ADVANTAGE. HE IS ATTRACTIVE IN HEAD AND APPEARANCE AND IS WELL BONED AND BODIED AND IS OF GOOD SIZE BUT HARD TO ASSESS IN DETAIL DUE HER BEING SO UNSETTLED.
Labrador Retrievers win the Gundog group at a dog show in Barbados, October, 2016.
This breed was also strong enough to also win the Reserve in the Gundog Group.
Both dogs were bred by Zoe Marshall who is at right in the ring. Sean Howell is the handler of one of her locally bred dogs who went on to win Reserve Best in Show.
CLASS 7 – GOLDEN RETRIEVER (OPEN DOG)
1ST & CC – NUMBER 7 – Mrs. L. Husband’s CH. HOLDERS SAPPHIRE SKY – A WELL GROWN AND WELL BALANCED BREED TYPICAL MALE WHO IS PLEASING IN OVERALL OUTLINE AND SIDE PROFILE. HE IS WELL BONED AND HAS ENOUGH SUBSTANCE OF BODY WITH DECENT SPRING AND DEPTH OF CHEST. HE HAS A WELL PROPORTIONED WELL CHISELLED HEAD WHICH IS FRIENDLY AND BREED TYPICAL IN EXPRESSION. WELL CONSTRUCTED, TRUE AND WELL BONED IN FRONT. HE MOVED FREELY AND ALTHOUGH NEEDING TO SETTLE IN FRONT ACTION, HAD A VERY PLEASING FREE MOVING SIDE GAIT. LACKED A LITTLE DENSITY AND CONDITION OF COAT.
CLASS 8 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (MINOR PUPPY DOG)
1ST & RES. DOG CC & BEST PUPPY IN BREED – NUMBER 8 – Mrs. G. Alluard’s MARANATHA’S MARLEY – A WELL GROWN, WELL BONED VERY TYPY YOUNG MALE IN GOOD CONDITION. VERY BREED TYPICAL IN HEAD AND EXPRESSION, TRUE WELL BONED FRONT OF IDEAL WIDTH. EXCELLENT OVERALL BODY LENGTH AND RIBBING WITH PLEASING SPRING AND DEPTH FOR AGE. NEEDS MORE SCHOOLING TO GIVE OF HIS BEST. MOVED WELL ENOUGH ALTHOUGH IN TYPICAL PUPPY STYLE. A VERY PROMISING YOUNG MALE.
CLASS 9 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & DOG CC & BOB & GUNDOG GROUP 1 AND RESERVE BEST IN SHOW – NUMBER 9 – Mrs. V. Challenor’s ZINZARA MIDNIGHT MAGIC – A STRONGLY BUILT, NICELY PROPORTIONED, VERY TYPY, MASCULINE LABRADOR. HE IS WELL CONNSTRUCRTED ALL THROUGH AND IN IMPRESSIVE COAT AND BODY CONDITION. HE HAS AN ATTRACTIVE HEAD SET WELL ONTO HIS CLEAN, STRONG NECK. TRUE AND WELL BONED IN FRONT, BODY OF PLEASING LENGTH WITH IDEAL SPRING AND DEPTH OF CHEST. WELL DEVELOPED HINDQUARTERS WITH AN ACTIVE WELL TYPICAL DISTINCTIVE SHAPED TAIL SHOWING HIS KINDLY TEMPERAMENT. MOVED WITH SOUND PURPOSE.
CLASS 10 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (OPEN DOG)
1ST – NUMBER 10 – Mr. E. Maynard’s SARUMAN BELLA MARE – A WELL ENOUGH MADE BUT HEAVIER IN BODY SUBSTANCE THAN I WOULD PREFER. ATTRACTIVE HEAD , TRUE, WELL BONED AND WELL MADE FRONT ALTHOUGH COULD HAVE MORE DISTINCT ANGULATION OF SHOULDER ALTHOUGH HAD BETTER ANGULATION IN REAR WHICH NEEDED TO STRENGTHEN. MOVED FREELY BUT TENDED TO BE CLOSE AND LACKED STRENGTH IN REAR ACTION AND MOVED WITH LOW HEAD CARRAIGE.
CLASS 11 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (MINOR PUPPY BITCH)
1ST & BEST PUPPY BITCH – NUMBER 11 – Mrs. C. Murnighan & Mr. A. Gibson’s OVER THE MOONS SHINING HALO – A VERY PROMISING 9 MONTH OLD CHOC. WHO HAS PLEASING BONE AND BODY DEVELOPMENT AND HAS A DESIRABLE STRUCTURE FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE MATURITY. SHE IS ATTRACTIVE IN HEAD BOTH IN SHAPE AND PROPORTIONS, TRUE AND WELL BONED IN FRONT, GOOD LENGTH WELL MADE BODY ALTHOUGH A LITTLE SLACK AT THIS STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT AND TENDING TO LOSE HER TOP LINE. ENCOURAGINGLY SHE WAS FREE MOVING AND TRUE ENOUGH FRONT AND REAR.
CLASS 12 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (JUNIOR BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC & RES.BOB – NUMBER 12 – Mrs. Z. Gray-Marshall’s ZINZARA DARCY’S DELIGHT – OVERALL A WELL ENOUGH CONSTRUCTED BITCH BUT TENDED TO CARRY TOO MUCH SUBSTANCE OVER THE BACK AND LOIN. SHE IS ATTRACTIVE IN HEAD WITH GOOD LENGTH WELL PROPORTIONED NECK; WELL CONSTRUCTED FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS. GOOD LENGTH BODY AND MODERATELY ANGLED HINDQUARTERS. FREE MOVING BUT TENDED TO BE CLOSE BEHIND AND MOVED WIDE BUT PARALLEL IN FRONT.
2ND – NUMBER 13 – Mrs. S. Leacock’s ZINZARA BLACK MAGIC FOR THEBERTON – A VERY PLEASING TYPY JUNIOR BITCH WHO HAS BOTH BREED AND FEMININE QUALITIES; SHOWN IN PLEASING CONDITION. ATTRACTIVE HEAD OF GOOD MAKE AND SHAPE, WELL BONED AND WELL MADE IN FRONT, GOOD LENGTH AND SUBSTANCE OF BODY. MOVED FREELY BUT TENDED TO BE CLOSE FRONT AND REAR. NEEDS MORE CONFIDENCE AND SCHOOLING TO GIVE OF HER BEST.
CLASS 13 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (LIMIT BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 14 – Mrs. Z. Gray-Marshall’s ZINZARA BLACK MAGIC FOR THEBERTON – A WELL PROPORTIONED GOOD LENGTH BITCH WHO HAS A PLEASING OVERALL SIDE PROFILE. SHE IS FEMININE AND TYPY WITH A WELL SHAPED HEAD, PLEASING TRUE FRONT, GOOD BODY LENGTH WITH SPRING ALTHOUGH HAS PLENTY ENOUGH BODY WEIGHT. LEVEL TOP LINE LEADING TO MODERATE HINDQUARTERS. FREE MOVING WITH WELL ENOUGH FRONT ACTION BUT WAS CLOSER BEHIND THAN I PREFER.
CLASS 14 – LABRADOR RETRIEVER (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & RES. BITCH CC – NUMBER 15 – Mrs. Z. Gray-Marshall’s SH.CH. CROSSCROYE CALYPSO MAGIC FOR THEBERTON – A VERY SMART WELL PROPORTIONED BREED TYPICAL MATURE BITCH. SHE IS VERY ATTRACTIVE IN SIDE PROFILE BEING ALL IN PROPORTION AND BALANCE AND HAS A FEMININE BUT BREED TYPICAL HEAD OF GOOD SHAPE AND HAVING AN ALERT, INTELLIGENT EXPRESSION. SHE HAS GOOD SPRING AND IS RIBBED WELL BACK AND HAS PLEASING FIRM BODY COVER. MODERATE IN HIND ANGULATION WHICH NEEDS TO TIGHTEN ESPECIALLY ON THE MOVE.
2ND NUMBER 16 – Mrs. S.H. Leacock’s SH.CH. LINTHWAITE FANTINE OF THEBERTON C.D. – A YELLOW WELL BODIED BITCH WHO IS OBVIOUSLY LABRADOR. IS CARRYING TOO MUCH WEIGHT AND IS SLACK IN LOOK. HOWEVER, SHE HAS BREED AND FENMININE QUALITIES IN HEAD, TRUE ENOUGH IN FRONT WHICH SHE USED WELL ON THE MOVE. SHE HAS MODERATE ANGLULATION IN HINDQUARTERS AND NEEDS TO STRENGTHEN MOVED IN AN EAST STYLE BUT HER REAR ACTION WAS CLOSE AND OVERALL LACKED EXTENSION.
CLASS 15 – FLAT COATED RETRIEVER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & DOG CC & BOB – NUMBER 17 – Mrs. B. Greenidge’s BLACFRIAR MONOPOLY IN PARADISE – A TYPY, SHAPELY 15 MONTH WHO HAS BREED QUALITY IN CONFORMATION AND DESIRABLE POTENTIAL FOR MATURITY. OVERALL HE HAS THE SHAPE AND CONSTRUCTION AND HAS A HANDSOME BREED TYPICAL HEAD. HE HAS ALL THE ANGLES AND PROPORTIONS OF BODY BUT LACKS THE BODY WEIGHT AND FULL COAT WHICH WOULD GIVE HIM WIDTH AND SUBSTANCE OF STATURE NEEDED TO FULFILL HIS OBVIOUS PROMISE. MOVED WITH A FREE, PURPOSEFUL HAPPY GAIT.
Hound Group won by the only breed entered, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
CLASS 16 – RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & CC & BOB & HOUND GROUP 1 – NUMBER 18 – Mrs. N.L. Flores’ XOEFORDIAN BALACK – A SOUNDLY CONSTRUCTED ELEGANT YOUNG MALE OF 15 MONTHS WHO HAS CLEAN LINES ALL THROUGH AND IN PLEASING CONDITION. IMPRESSED ME WITH HIS OVERALL CONFORMATION WHICH WAS ATHLETIC, MUSCULAR AND COMPLEMENTED BY HIS HEAD AND EXPRESSION. HE HAS A FIRM POWERFUL BODY WHICH IS FIRM AND OF GOOD SIZE. HE HAS MUSCULAR LOINS WHICH ARE STRONG AND SLIGHTLY RAISED. HE IS IN BALANCE IN ANGULATIONS AND OVERALL PROPORTIONS LENGTH TO HEIGHT AND HAS ALL THE ANGLES AND CURVES IN THE RIGHT PLACES WHICH CAN BE APPRECIATED WHEN VIEWED IN PROFILE, BOTH STANDING AND MOVING. HE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL.PREFERRED HIS PROPORTIONS IN SIDE PROFILE TO THE OPEN DOG.
CLASS 17 – RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK (OPEN DOG)
1ST & RES, DOG CC – NUMBER 19 – Mr. O. 7 Master K. Holder’s CH. CROWNRIDGEFLASH FORWARD – A WELL MADE 6 YEAR OLD UPSTANDING MALE WHO IS STRONG AND POWERFUL IN APPEARANCE. PLEASING HEAD OF GOOD SHAPE AND PROPORTIONS TO THE REST OF HIM. HEAD SET ON A FIRM STRONG NECK. WELL BODIED WITH GOOD SPRING AND DEPTH OF CHEST ALTHOUGH TENDED TO BE LONGER CASTE THAN I PREFER. TRUE IN FRONT ALTHOUGH COULD HAVE MORE LAY BACK AND MORE UPRIGHT IN PASTERN THAN I PREFER. MOVED WITH A FREE AND EASY ACTION.
The Utility group was won by the Japanese Shiba Inu which went on to win Best in Show, he is handled by an owner, O’neale Holder. The Tibetan Terrier is the Reserve Group winner and he is handled and trained by me. He is owned by one of my friends. Dr. J. Crump.
CLASS 19 – JAPANESE AKITA (OPEN DOG)
1ST & BOB – NUMBER 21 – Mr. D.P. De B. Boyce’s DOMKEMRE THOR – POWERFULLY BUILT MALE WHO ALTHOUGH IMPRESSIVE IN STATURE LACKED THE REFINEMENT AND ELEGANCE I LIKE IN THIS BREED. MASCULINE AND STRONG IN HEAD, WELL BONED AND WELL BODIED ALL THROUGH. TRUE HEAVY BONE IN FRONT WITH UPRIGHT PASTERNS. STANDING HE GIVES THE IMPRESSION OF SUBSTANCE OF BODY AND OVERALL STRENGTH AND POWER. I WOULD PREFER MORE ANGULATION FRONT AND REAR AND TO BE TIGHTER ALL THROUGH. MOVED ENTHUSIASTICALLY BUT TENDED TO BE SHORT STEPPING AND CRAB BOTH FRONT AND REAR.
CLASS 20 – BULLDOG (LIMIT DOG)
1ST & BOB – NUMBER 22 – Mr. M. Cottrell’s BRITISH GLADIATOR THE LAST OF MOHICANS – IN APPEARANCE THIS MALE BULLDOG LOOKED TO BE TYPY AND BREED TYPICAL IN APPEARANCE. I WAS UNABLE TO SATISFACTORILY GO OVER THIS MALE DUE TO HIS UNHAPPY DEMEANOUR. HOWEVER, FROM LOOKING AT HIM ON THE GROUND HE APPEARED TO HAVE A DECENT HEAD OF GOOD PROPORTION, SHAPE AND WIDTH TOGETHER WITH AN OVERALL BODY OF GOOD SUBSTANCE AND SIZE. UNABLE TO ASSESS MOVEMENT.
CLASS 21- FRENCH BULLDOG (PUPPY BITCH)
1ST & BOB – NUMBER 23 – Mr. M. Cottrell’s TTOPLIBULLS QUEEN OF FAiTH – A VERY SMART WELL BONED AND BODIED QUALITY 11 MONTH OLD WHO IS SHAPELY AND BREED TYPICAL. VERY ATTRACTIVE HEAD OF PLEASING SHAPE AND EXPRESSION. WELL CONSTRUCTED IN FRONT, BODY AND HINDQUARTERS AND WHEN STANDING LOOKS TO COMPLETE PACKAGE. NEEDS TO SETTLE TO GIVE OF HER BEST. MOVED WELL AND FREE. VERY PROMISING FUTURE.
CLASS 22 – JAPANESE SHIBA INU (OPEN DOG)
1ST & DOG CC & BOB & UTILITY GROUP 1 AND BEST IN SHOW – NUMBER 24 – Mr. A. Taylor’s CH. MASSIMA NO ONE GREATER –
A SUPER QUALITY 3 YEAR OLD MALE WHO IS EXCELLENT IN CONFORMATION AND CONDITION. EXCELS IN MAKE, SHAPE AND BREED CHARACTERISTICS PRESENTING EVERYTHING YOU WOULD LOOK FOR IN THIS BREED. NOT ONLY IS HE MADE WELL, HE MOVES WELL AND HAS IMPRESSIVE SIDE GAIT MOVEMENT. COMPLIMENTS ALL THROUGH FROM HEAD TO HINDQUARTERS HIS QUALITIES BEING ENHANCED WITH HIS CORRECT COAT. ONE THAT WOULD WIN ANYWHERE THAT APPRECIATED A TOP DOG.
CLASS 23 – JAPANESE SHIBA INU (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC – NUMBER 25 – Mr. A. Taylor’s MASSIMA I’M SO FANCY – A CLEAN-CUT RISING 2 YEAR WHO HAS A PLEASING SIDE PROFILE SHAPE WHICH, TO THE EYE, IS BALANCED AND ALL IN PROPORTION. VERY ATTRACTIVE, BREED TYPICAL HEAD HAVING AN ALERT EXPRESSION. PLEASING BODY COVER AND LENGTH POSSESSING DEPTH AND SPRING OF RIB AND LENGTH OF LOIN. TRUE FRONT, TIGHT ENOUGH ELBOWS. LACKING THE COAT FURNISHINGS THAT WOULD COMPLETE THE PICTURE. MOVED WELL, FREE AND PURPOSEFULLY.
CLASS 24 – TIBETAN TERRIER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & CC & BOB & RES. UTILITY GROUP – NUMBER 26 – D. J. Crump’s KYBO CALYPSO KID – A WELL COATED VERY WELL MADE AND WELL SHAPED 17 MONTH OLD PLEASING QUALITY MALE. I LIKED HIS HEAD IN SHAPE, PROPORTION AND FRONT ON APPEARANCE. HE IS WELL MADE IN FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS AND ALTHOUGH I WOULD PREFER TIGHTER ELBOWS AND MORE DEPTH THIS DID NOT DETRACT FROM HIS STANDING POSTURE OR MOVEMENT. HE PRESENTS A VERY BALANCED SIDE PROFILE PICTURE AND HAS A QUALITY LOOK. NICELY ANGLED HINDQUARTERS AND GOOD LOW HOCKS. MOVED WITH PURPOSE, WELL AND FREE.
CLASS 25 – BOUVIER DES FLANDRES (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC & BOB – NUMBER 27 – Miss M. Ashby’s CH. CHEPHAM VALENTINA AT CALLIOPE C.D. – A NICELY SHAPED 2½ YEAR OLD WHO, ALTHOUGH NOT THE BIGGEST, IS SHORT COUPLED AND LOOKS FIRM OF STANCE AND WELL PROPORTIONED IN BODY. SHE HAS A HEAD AND EXPRESSION WHICH IS PLEASING AND BREED TYPICAL. OVERALL SHE HAS GOOD CONSTRUCTION WHICH SHOWED ON THE MOVE. LACKING THE FURNISHINGS OF MATURITY, WHICH WILL COME. MOVED OUT WELL WITH ENTHUSIASM.
CLASS 26 – BULLMASTIFF (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & DOG CC & BOB – NUMBER 28 – Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s ARDHUB BLACK’S IN THE NAME TO NEXGEN – A WELL DEVELOPED 13 MONTHS OLD SUBSTANTIAL MALE WHO HAS A PLEASING BALANCED AND WELL PROPORTIONED SIDE PROFILE. HE POSSESSES A GOOD SIZED HEAD, WHICH IS SQUARE WHEN VIEWED FROM FRONT AND SIDE, WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED STOP AND SOME WRINKLE. GOOD WIDTH OF FORECHEST; STRONG GOOD LENGTH NECK SET ONTO A WELL BUILT BODY OF GOOD LENGTH AND BEING FIRM IN TOP LINE, MODERATE BUT FIRM HINDQUARTERS. MOVED WELL AND FREE. ONE THAT HAS PLENTY OF PROMISE.
CLASS 27- BULLMASTIFF (OPEN DOG)
1ST & RES. DOG CC – NUMBER 29 – Mr. B. Lowe’s CH. ROYCEPRIDES EPIC DREAMER AT COTTAGE – A SUBSTANTIAL WELL BUILT MATURE LOOKING RISING 4 YEAR OLD VERY MASCULINE DOG; HE IS POWERFUL IN APPEARANCE AND HAS GREAT SUBSTANCE OF BODY. ALTHOUGH SQUARE IN HEAD SHAPE FOR ME HE IS WELL WRINKLED AND HEAVIER IN FLEWS. GOOD BONE ALL THROUGH WITH STRONG FIRM LEGS AND DECENT ANGULATIONS FRONT AND REAR. LONGER IN THE BACK AND TENDED TO LOSE HIS TOP LINE. MOVED WITH PURPOSE BUT TENDED TO BE HEAVY FOOTED.
CLASS 28 – BULLMASTIFF (NOVICE BITCH)
1ST & RES. BEST BITCH – NUMBER 30 – Mr. D. Cobham’s FORTESQUE DUELLI – A FEMININE 3 YEAR OLD WHO IS SMALL IN STATURE AND LACKING IN CONFIDENCE. SHE HAS A TYPY WELL SHAPED HEAD. WELL ENOUGH MADE IN FRONT, HINDQUARTERS ARE WELL LET DOWN AND NEEDING TO STRENGTHEN. PLENTY OF SUBSTANCE OF BODY BUT TENDED TO SINK INTO HERSELF WHICH DID NOT HELP HER SIDE PROFILE. OVERALL CONDITION AFFECTED BY PRESSURE POINTS TO HER RUMP.
CLASS 29 – BULLMASTIFF (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC – NUMBER 31- Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s NEXGEN HOLD THAT TIGER – A SMART 21 MONTH OLD WELL ENOUGH MADE BITCH WHO HAS A WELL PROPORTIONED COMPACT BODY AND OVERALL SIDE OUTLINE. SHE IS PLEASING IN EXPRESSION AND HEAD SHAPE, HEAD SET WELL ONTO A STRONG GOOD LENGTH NECK. GOOD WIDTH TO FRONT AND WELL FILLED FORECHEST WITH GOOD SPRING OF RIB. WELL BONED WITH CONSISTENCY OF FIRM BODY SUBSTANCE. MOVED FREELY BUT CLOSE BEHIND.
CLASS 32 – GIANT SCHNAUZER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST – NUMBER 35 – Mr. B.A. Bascombe’s BLACK CLIFF ORION AT NEXGEN – SHAPELY MALE ALTHOUGH NOT THE BIGGEST HE HAS A TYPY WELL SHAPED HEAD SET ONTO A NECK WHICH I WOULD PREFER TO BE OF MORE LENGTH TO GIVE BETTER OVERALL BALANCE. PREFER BETTER BITE. HE HAS PLEASING OVERALL LENGTH AND CAN STAND WELL OVER THE GROUND ALL IN PROPORTION TO HIS LENGTH/HEIGHT RATIO. HE WAS CLOSE BEHIND AND UNSETTLED IN FRONT WHEN MOVED.
CLASS 33 – ROTTWEILER (PUPPY DOG)
1ST & BEST PUPPY IN BREED – NUMBER 66 – Mr. S. Howell’s ARKON V HAUS GASKIN – A WELL GROWN 8 MONTH OLD YOUNGSTER WHO IS ATTRACTIVE AND BREED TYPICAL IN HEAD AND EXPRESSION. PLEASING OVERALL SHAPE AND SIDE PROFILE WHICH SHOWS OFF HIS ANGLES AND PROPORTIONS. HE HAS GREAT PROMISE AND POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A QUALITY ADULT HAVING A DESIRABLE FOUNDATION STRUCTURE FOR HIM TO GROW ON WELL. STILL IS A “PUPPY” IN PERSONALITY; HE MOVED IN A TYPICAL PUPPY STYLE.
2ND – NUMBER 35 –Mr. R. Bascombe’s KENT RIDGE SON OF KRYPTONITE – WHAT I WOULD CALL “A GOOD HONEST DOG” WELL ENOUGH MADE WITH NOTHING IN EXAGERATION. PLEASING IN HEAD BUT LACKING THE PROPORTIONS OF 1ST. WELL ENOUGH MADE IN BODY WITH WELL ANGLED HINDQUARTERS WHICH STILL NEED TO STRENGTHEN. UNSETTLED ON THE MOVE.
CLASS 34 – ROTTWEILER (JUNIOR DOG)
1ST & RES. DOG CC – NUMBER 37 – Mr. J. Edghill’s MONIFA BLACK MAXIMUS – A POWERFULLY CONSTRUCTED, SUBSTANTIAL MALE WHO HAS A MASCULINE TYPY HEAD SET WELL ONTO A STRONG GOOD LENGTH NECK. TRUE STRONG, WELL BONED FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS, FIRM WELL MADE SUBSTANTIAL BODY HAVING PLEASING SPRING AND DEPTH, NICELY LET DOWN FIRM HINDQUARTERS.MOVED WELL AND FREE.
CLASS 35 – ROTTWEILER (LIMIT DOG)
1ST & DOG CC – NUMBER 40 – Dr. W.L. Welch’s ELTHOR DARK MATCHO – A 2 YEAR OLD MUSCULAR WELL MADE MALE THAT POSSESSES BREED AND CONFORMATION QUALITIES. HE HAS A WELL SHAPED, STRONG, MASCULINE HEAD WHICH IS BREED TYPICAL. FIRM GOOD LENGTH NECK, WELL CONSTRUCTED FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS WITH A BODY OF SUBSTANCE ALTHOUGH TENDS TO SLOPE IN TOP LINE. HE STANDS WELL OVER THE GROUND AND CARRIES HIS HEAD WELL BOTH STANDING AND ON THE MOVE. NEEDS TO STAND FIRM IN SHOW STANCE AND MOVE WITH TIGHTER ACCURACY UP AND DOWN TO GIVE THAT EXTRA EDGE.
2ND – NUMBER 39 – Mr. K.A. Mason’s ELTHOR DARK PRIMO – AN UPSTANDING POWERFULLY BUILT MALE WHO ALTHOUGH WELL ENOUGH MADE IN HIS PARTS HE LACKS THE BALANCE AND PROPORTIONS WHICH I PREFERRED IN 1ST. PLEASING HEAD ALTHOUGH A LITTLE PLAIN. TRUE WELL MADE FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS, SUBSTANCE OF BODY AND WELL ENOUGH ANGLED HINDQUARTERS. MOVED WITH FORWARD DRIVE BUT WAS UNSETTLED.
CLASS 36 – ROTTWEILER (OPEN DOG)
1ST – NUMBER 42 – Mr. N. McClean’s KENT RIDGE SUZUKI’S DRIVER – A NICELY PROPORTIONED MATURE MALE WHO IS OF PLEASING STYLE AND SHAPE. STRONG MASCULINE HEAD SET ONTO A POWERFUL GOOD LENGTH NECK. TRUE IN FRONT MAYBE A LITTLE UPRIGHT, GOOD WIDTH ACROSS THE CHEST. FIRM IN BACK AND TOP LINE. FREE MOVING BUT TENDING TO BE UNSETTLED AND LOOSE HOCKED.
CLASS 37 – ROTTWEILER (MINOR PUPPY BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 45 – Mr. R. Bascombe’s KENT RIDGE TOO SEXY FOR JAPAN – AN 8 MONTH OLD BITCH OF PLEASING SHAPE. NEEDING TO MATURE IN HEAD AND EXPRESSION. SHE NEEDS TO SETTLE TO GIVE OF HER BEST BUT WHEN SHE DID STAND IT WAS OBVIOUS SHE HAS A WELL MADE FRONT, FOREQUARTERS AND EXCELLENT ANGULATIONS WITH PLEASING OVERALL BODY PROPORTIONS.
A PROMISING BITCH PUPPY.
2ND – NUMBER 44 – Mr. T. Worrell’s TROPICS DAVINA – A FEMININE 7 MONTH OLD TYPY BITCH NOT AS WELL GROWN AS 1ST AND LACKING CONFIDENCE. SHE IS OF GOOD MAKE AND SHAPE AND HAS LOTS OF POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP AND GROW ON WELL. SHE MOVED EASILY IN TYPICAL PUPPY STYLE.
CLASS 38 – ROTTWEILER (PUPPY BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 46 – Mr. J. Edghill’s KENT RIDGE LOIS LANE LOVE – A WELL GROWN 10 MONTH OLD WHO HAS PLEASING BONE AND BODY. VERY TYPY WITH NOTHING OBVIOUS TO FAULT ALTHOUGH AT THIS STAGE OF HER DEVELOPMENT SHE LACKS PROPORTIONS OF BODY. TYPY FEMININE HEAD, TRUE WELL BONED FRONT AND WELL MADE AND WELL COVERED BODY. MOVEMENT NEEDS TO BE MORE ACCURATE AND MORE SETTLED IN ACTION.
CLASS 39 – ROTTWEILER (JUNIOR BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC & BOB – NUMBER 47 – Mr. O. Holder’s MONIFA BLACK SORIE – AN IMPRESSIVE WELL MADE AND WELL PROPORTIONED 14 MONTH OLD WELL CONSTRUCTED AND FIRM BODIED, SUBSTANTIAL FEMININE BREED TYPICAL BITCH. SHE HAS OBVIOUS FORECHEST AND STRENGTH IN FOREQUARTERS BOTH IN WIDTH ACROSS THE CHEST AND MUSCULAR DEVELOPMENT. SHE IS ATTRACTIVE IN HEAD WHICH IS ALL THE MORE LIKEABLE BY POSSESSING INTERESTING BREED AND DISTINCT HEAD CHARACTERISTICS. HEAD SET ON A FIRM STRONG NECK OF GOOD LENGTH; PLEASING BODY MAKE AND SHAPE WITH THE DESIRED ANGLES IN BALANCE AND IN THE RIGHT PLACES. SHE MOVED WELL AND TRUE WITH PURPOSE IN FRONT AND DRIVE BEHIND.
CLASS 40 – ROTTWEILER (NOVICE BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 49 – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD CIMBA’S HEAT – A 20 MONTH OLD SHAPELY BITCH WHO IS BREED TYPICAL IN APPEARANCE WITH A FEMINE HEAD WHICH TENDS TO BE NARROW IN MUZZLE. GOOD LENGTH NECK, TRUE ENOUGH IN FRONT, BODY WELL COVERED AND IN PROPORTION TO THE REST OF HER. MOVED WELL IN FRONT ACTION BUT LOOSE IN REAR MOTION.
CLASS 41 – ROTTWEILER (LIMIT BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 50 – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD CIA’S HEAT – A FREE MOVING SHAPELY BREED TYPICAL IN STYLE AND SIDE PROFILE. OVERALL BODY IS IN BALANCE AND IN PROPORTION. PLEASING TYPY HEAD, EXPRESSION AFFECTED BY EYES APERTURE SHAPE AND SURFACE. TRUE WELL MADE FRONT, GOOD WIDTH ALL THROUGH, PLEASING MAKE AND SUBSTANCE OF BODY. MOVED WITH A FREE ACTION ALTHOUGH NEEDING TO BE MORE PRECISE.
CLASS 42 – ROTTWEILER (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & RES. BITCH CC – NUMBER 51 – Mr. O. Holder’s MONIFA SHADES OF PINK – A VERY SMART, CLEAN LINES, PLEASING PROFILE BITCH WHO OVERALL IS OF LOVELY SHAPE AND PROPORTIONS. ATTRACTIVE IN HEAD WHICH IS BREED TYPICAL AND IN PROPORTION TO THE REST OF HER. STRONG GOOD LENGTH NECK, WELL MADE FRONT/FOREQUARTERS, GOOD LENGTH WELL MADE BODY AND NICELY ANGLED HINDQUARTERS. MOVED WITH CONFIDENCE BUT NEEDING TO MORE PRECISE IN FRONT ACTION.
2ND – NUMBER 52 – Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s RICHWOOD BEA’S A BURNING – A MATRONLY MATURE LOOKING BITCH WHO HAS PLENTY OF BODY SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH ACROSS THE BODY LOSING HER UNDERLINE AND SO HER PROFILE SHAPE. SHE IS OK IN HEAD BUT NOT AS TYPY AS 1ST. WELL ENOUGH MADE IN FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS. MOVED WELL ENOUGH IN SIDE GAIT BUT WAS UNSETTLED IN FRONT AND REAR ACTION.
CLASS 43 – RUSSIAN BLACK TERRIER (OPEN DOG)
1ST & CC & BOB – NUMBER 54 – Miss A. Bynoe’s KALASLANE ADDICTED TO LOVE – A WELL MADE SHAPELY GOOD SIZED MALE WHO HAS FREE MOVEMENT. PLEASING IN HEAD WHICH IS SET WELL ONTO A LENGTHY STRONG NECK. GOOD CONSTRUCTION IN FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS, WELL BODIED OF GOOD LENGTH AND HAVING A FIRM TOP LINE. MOVED FREELY BUT LACKING EXTENSION IN FRONT.
CLASS 44 – RUSSIAN BLACK TERRIER (PUPPY BITCH)
1ST & BEST PUPPY IN BREED – NUMBER 55 – Miss A. Bynoe’s MOULIN ROUGE YABLUNEVYI TSVIT – A WELL BONED AND WELL GROWN SHAPELY 10 MONTH OLD BITCH WHO NEEDS TO STRENGTHEN IN FRONT AND REAR. ATTRACTIVE HEAD BUT BITE NEEDS TO BE WATCHED. GOOD LENGTH BODY TENDING TO LOOK TIED IN ELBOW ON THE MOVE. A PROMISING PUPPY.
CLASS 45 – GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & CC & BOB – NUMBER 56 – Mrs. B. Kaufman’s THORSSON HAUS AVA – AN INTERESTING GSD 2 YEAR OLD BITCH; SHE IS PLEASING IN SIDE PROFILE AND WHILE SHE HAS A TYPY WELL SHAPED HEAD, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY FEMININE, I WOULD LIKE MORE STRENGTH IN APPEARANCE AND STRENGTH ALL THROUGH IN HEAD. OVERALL SHE HAS A SHAPELY WELL MADE AND WELL PROPORTIONED BODY WITH GOOD LEG LENGTH. SHE IS ATTRACTIVE IN STYLE, SHAPE AND BODY PROPORTIONS WITH A FIRM STRAIGHT TOP LINE. SHE MOVED WITH A FREE EASY GAIT AND ALTHOUGH CLOSE BEHIND WAS TRUE IN ACTION FRONT AND REAR.
CLASS 46 – BOXER ( MINOR PUPPY DOG)
A CLASS OF 2 VERY ATTRACTIVE AND PROMISING PUPPIES
1ST & RES DOG CC & BEST DOG PUPPY – NUMBER 57 – Miss J. Wilson’s SUNDIAL’S THUNDER BOLT AT KAIBO – A WELL GROWN SMART MALE WHO HAS CLEAN LINES ALL THROUGH. PLEASING HEAD SHAPE, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY MASCULINE AND BREED TYPICAL. WELL BONED AND WELL GROWN BEING OF PLEASING CONSTRUCTION ALL THROUGH. TRUE WELL BONED FRONT, PLEASING BODY DEVELOPMENT AND SUBSTANCE AND GOOD LENGTH NICELY ANGLED HINDQUARTERS. HE MOVED WELL AND FREE, ALTHOUGH A LITTLE LOOSE IN HIND ACTION, HE WAS IMPRESSIVE IN SIDE GAIT.
2ND – NUMBER 58 – Mrs. B. Foster’s SUNDIAL’S SOL INVICTUS – A WELL GROWN YOUNG MALE OF SIMILAR STYLE TO 1ST BUT NOT HAVING THE PLEASING HEAD SHAPE AS YET OF 1ST. WELL GROWN IN BONE AND SUBSTANCE OF BODY WITH AN ATTRACTIVE SIDE PROFILE BUT TENDED TO LOOK NARROW ALL THROUGH. PLENTY OF SCOPE FOR DEVELOPMENT. MOVED WITH A FREE ACTION BUT NOT AS CONTROLLED AS 1ST.
CLASS 47 – BOXER (OPEN DOG)
1ST & DOG CC & BOB – NUMBER 59 – Miss J. Wilson’s CH. SUNDIAL’S SUN GOD APOLLO AT KAIBO C.D. – AN IMPRESSIVE HANDSOME MALE BOTH IN STYLE, AND CONFORMATION AS WELL AS SIDE PROFILE. MASCULINE HEAD WHICH IS BREED TYPICAL IN SHAPE AND PROPORTIONS. GOOD LENGTH STRONG NECK SET WELL INTO STRONG NICELY ANGLED SHOULDERS. HE IS FIRM OF BODY AND TOP LINE AND HAS POWERFUL WELL ANGLED HINDQUARTERS. HE MOVED WITH A PURPOSEFUL EAGER ACTION WITH A VERY PLEASING SIDE GAIT AND REAR ACTION.
CLASS 48 – BOXER ( MINOR PUPPY BITCH)
1ST & RES. BITCH CC & BEST PUPPY IN BREED & BEST PUPPY IN SHOW – NUMBER 60 –
Miss G. Leach’s SUNDIAL’S AURORA SUNRISE AT WORTHINGTON – AN IMPRESSIVE NO-NONSENSE 9 MONTH OLD WHO HAS NOTHING IN EXAGERATION, IS WELL CONSTRUCTED ALL THROUGH AND HAS NO GLARING FAULTS TO CONCERN. SHE HAS GREAT POTENTIAL AND PROMISE TO MATURE INTO A SOUND, BREED TYPICAL ADULT. SHE IS WELL MADE ALL THROUGH BEING TRUE AND SOUND IN FRONT, WELL DEVELOPED AND FIRM IN BODY AND NICELY ANGLED AND STABLE IN HINDQUARTERS.
IN SIDE PROFILE SHE IS BALANCED AND HAS A QUALITY LOOK. SHE MOVED WELL AND TRUE AND TOTALLY IN CONTROL.
CLASS 49 – BOXER (NOVICE BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 61 – Mr. M. & Mrs. L. King’s TABOR RIDGE PRINCESS JOSIE – A VERY SMART 19 MONTH OLD WHO HAS CLEAN LINES AND IS WELL COVERED IN BODY ESPECIALLY OVER THE LOIN SO THAT SHE TENDED TO LOSE HER TOP LINE. PLEASING IN HEAD WHICH IS TYPY AND ATTRACTIVE IN PROFILE SHAPE. TRUE AND WELL BONED IN FRONT, GOOD SPRING AND RIBBING AND WELL ANGLED REAR. FREE MOVING BUT A LITTLE UNSTABLE IN REAR ACTION.
CLASS 50 – BOXER ( LIMIT BITCH)
1ST – NUMBER 63 – Mrs. L. Carillo’s SUNDIAL’S PACHA MAMA – A SHASPELY 3 YEAR OLD WELL DEVELOPED BITCH WHO IS BETTER IN SIDE PROFILE WHEN STANDING AND MOVING THAN OTHERS IN THIS CLASS. PLEASING TYPY BUT FEMININE HEAD HAVING GOOD HEAD PLANES AND BACK SKULL. TRUE WELL MADE FRONT, WELL MADE BODY AND REAR. MOVED THE BETTER OF THIS CLASS.
2ND – NUMBER 62 – Mrs. S. Foster’s SUNDIAL’S SUN GODDESS ARINNA – ANOTHER SHAPELY ATTRACTIVE 3 YEAR OLD BITCH WHO IS SLIGHTLY HEAVIER IN HEAD THAN 1ST. WELL BONED FRONT BUT TENDED TO SPLAY WHEN STANDING AND TO LOOK WEAK BEHIND. HOWEVER PRESENTED A PLEASING PICTURE IN SIDE PROFILE. FREE MOVING BUT NEEDING TO SETTLE.
3RD – NUMBER 64 – Mrs. B. Foster’s RUGBY MULAN – A MATURE 5 YEAR OLD WHO WAS SLIGHTLY HEAVY IN APPEARANCE BOTH IN HEAD AND BODY AND TENDED TO LOSE HER UNDERLINE. SHE WAS WIDER ACROSS THE LOIN THAN I LIKE BUT HAD GOOD OVERALL LENGTH AND PLEASING BALANCE OF ANGULATION FRONT/REAR. MOVEMENT WAS UNSETTLED.
CLASS 51 – BOXER (OPEN BITCH)
1ST & BITCH CC & RES. BOB – NUMBER 65 – Miss G. Leach’s CH. WORTHINGTON’S PRETTY N PEACH – A VERY ATTRACTIVE NEARLY 6 YEAR OLD SMART MATURE BITCH WHO HAS A PARTICULARLY PLEASING SIDE PROFILE. SHE HAS DESIRABLE IN OVERALL BODY LENGTH TO HEIGHT AND IS WELL BALANCED IN ANGULATION FRONT/REAR. SHE HAS A TYPY HEAD WHICH COULD HAVE MORE WIDTH. SHE IS WELL CONSTRUCTED IN FRONT AND FOREQUARTERS AND HAS A FIRM WELL MADE BODY WITH A PLEASING TOPLINE. FREE MOVING WITH GOOD EXTENSION IN SIDE GAIT BUT TENDED TO SLIGHTLY CRABBED BEHIND.
CLASS 53 – VARIETY BROOD BITCH
1ST NUMBER 64 – Mrs. B. Foster’s RUGBY MULAN – A BITCH WHO I CRITIQUED EARLIER; SHE HAS A SOUND FOUNDATION AND FROM THE 6 QUALITY OFF-SPRING PRESENT IN THE RING WITH HER (ALL OF WHOM HAVE DISPLAYED THEIR OWN BREED AND CONFORMATION QUALITIES TODAY) CONFIRMED HER EXCELLENT BREEDING POTENTIAL. WELL DONE.
JUDGE; GRAHAM HILL
Share and Enjoy
Rhodesian Ridgeback – female puppy available due to cancellation…. 9 weeks old with a perfect ‘show ridge’ and standard wheaten color with a black mask. Barbados Kennel Club registered.
This puppy is now in its new home in Nevis so the contact information has been removed.
Share and Enjoy
An opportunity to buy German Shepherd puppies from working lines:
Their mother is Pursuit Alke of Thorsson Haus, CDX and their father is Norland Odin.
The puppies were born on 20th August and will be ready to go to their new homes mid October. They will be wormed, have their first vaccinations and also have their pedigree registration applied for with the Barbados Kennel Club.
These puppies are now in their new homes. The last of which was shipped to Dominica.
Share and Enjoy
This All Breeds Championship dog show was held on March 20th at the Waterford show grounds. The judge was C. Keith Thornton from the UK. This judge (as recorded by The Kennel Club, UK,) judges the Hound group at Championship level and out of our breeds shown on March 20th, he is approved to give Challenge Certificates in the UK to the Rhodesian Ridgeback.
He has judged here before.
I was in the ring with my Bouvier Des Flandres, “Isabelle”, and also with a Tibetan Terrier puppy, “Teddy”, who is owned by a friend. No pix. other than the one above have been received. It is challenging to show coated breeds in several classes and also be taking photos!
Below is his critique, as published by The Barbados Kennel Club.
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
1st Mr. W.A. & Dr. W.L. Welch’s Elthor’s Breaking Bad. Brindle of nice type. Head could be a bit stronger & ears could be tighter. Good front & body. Very sound mover. CC, RBOB & Reserve in Group.
1st Mr. WA. Welch’s Devils And Fairies Quick Silver. What a cracker. Beautiful head & dark eye. Good neck, excellent front, neat feet. Perfect hindquarters, very sound mover. A top class prospect for the future. CC, BOB, Best in Group and Best Puppy in Show.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
1st Mrs. G. Seale’s Embee Highland Magic. Very smart young dog. The most perfect head for this breed. Excellent dark eye. Good front & feet. Perfect topline & length of back. First class condition. Moved very well. CC, BOB & Best in Group.
1st Mrs. G. Seale’s Lord Wilbur. Blenheim, head is ok. Would like better eye. Good shoulder. Topline ok. Movement could be better. RCC, RBOB & Reserve in Group.
1st Mrs. G. Seale’s Embee Bluebell Of Barbados. Only 8 months, very immature, will take time to fill out in body. Very nice head, good outline, sound mover. CC.
1st Mrs. D. Marshall’s Thatchers Dance With Wolves. Lovely shape, good bone, head could be better, very sound mover.
1st Mrs. L. Husband’s Holders Sapphire Sky. A true Golden, super head, good bone, well balanced body, moved very well with good tail carriage. CC, BOB & Best in Group.
2nd Mrs. J. Ray’s Sh.Ch. Fenwood Louis Vuitton Of Thatcher C.D. Nice type, good front, a little long in the back. Good hindquarters. Moved ok. RCC.
1st Mrs. J. Ray’s Sh.Ch. Amirene Midsummer Dream Of Thatcher C.D. Good strong bitch, super head, well balanced body, in excellent condition, moved well. CC & RBOB
1st Mrs. L. Husbands & Mrs. J. Ray’s Sh. Ch. Angelusparks Heaven’s Gift To Thatcher. Very nice type, good head & eye, good front & topline, very close decision. RCC.
1st Mrs. V. Challenor’s Zinzara Midnight Magic. Very smart young boy. . Super head, excellent front, good body, presented in first class condition. Can be a little excited on the move, although sound as a bell, just tends to raise his tail. One for the future. RCC & RBOB.
1st Mrs. A. Elliot’s Sh.Ch.Maranatha Bailey. A male coming into his prime. Not much wrong with this one. Very good head, powerful neck & body, good hindquarters, moved very well.CC, BOB & Reserve in Group.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st Mrs. Z. Gray-Marshall’s Zinzara Darcy’s Delight (A.I.). Yellow, showing lots of promise, nice head, just needs to mature, moved well. RCC.
1st Mrs. Z. Gray-Marshall’s Theberton Titmouse Of Zinzara. Very smart, lovely head & eye. Good front, strong body. Excellent condition, sound mover. CC.
Retrievers (Flat Coated)
Minor Puppy Dog
1st Mrs. B. Greenidge’s Blacfriar Monopoly In Paradise. Very immature. He has a lovely head & eye, good front. Presented in lovely bloom. Moved well, very promising. RCC & RBOB.
1st Miss A. Corbin’s Sh.Ch. Candidacasa Waterloo. This boy has a super head & eye.Loved his neck & shoulder. Good hindquarters. Pity he had no coat or body. CC & BOB.
Minor Puppy Dog
1st Mrs. N.L. Flores’ Xoefordian Balack. Very smart pup. Loved his head, neck & front, nice tight feet, good depth of chest, excellent topline, very good hindquarters, perfect ridge with crowns. RCC & RBOB.
1st Mr. O. & Master K Holder’s Ch. Crownridge Flash Forward. Very good hound, excellent head, powerful solid body, super neck & bone, good width of chest. Would like a better topline. Very sound mover. A top dog anywhere. CC, BOB & Reserve in Group.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st Mr. M. Forde’s Xoefordan Beira Bon Fire. Very immature, lovely head & neck. Would like more width in chest, good outline, needs more body. Moved ok. RCC.
1st Mr. M. Forde’s Crownridge Flash Dancer. Excellent head, good front & shoulder, strong body. Good ridge & crowns. Moved ok. CC.
1st Mr. H. Jordan’s Ch. Jafrak Wowing The Crowds. Brindle, excellent head, perfect ears, excellent front, nice tight feet, strong body with perfect ribcage, lovely hindquarters, very smart mover, top class. CC, BOB & Reserve in Group.
2nd Mr. H. Jodan’s Ch. Jafrak Dorada. Fawn with good type. Lovely head & neck, good front, very good mature body, not as good as winner in hindquarters. Moved ok. RCC & RBOB.
Japanese Shiba Inu
1st Mr. A. Taylor’s Ch. Calicelesti The One N’ Only At Massima. Red of outstanding quality, excellent head & expression, perfect front & body. True front with tight feet. Looks perfection on the move. CC, BOB, Best in Group & Best in Show.
2nd Mr. A. Taylor’s Ch. Massima No One Greater. Another top class Shiba. 2 years old, needs more body, son of winner, will be pushing for top male in another 12 months. RCC & RBOB.
1st Mr. A. Taylor’s Massima I’m So Fancy. Another sired by my BOB. She is a beautiful bitch. Star for next year. CC.
1st Dr. J. Crump’s Kybo Calypso Kid. A very smart young boy. Super head & neck. Perfect front, level topline, Good depth of chest. Very good hindquarters, excellent mover. When he gets his mature coat will take some beating. Impressive. CC & BOB.
1st Ms. S. Blandford’s Pepperbox Zirconia. Nice type, sweet head, correct eye, super expression. Excellent outline. Needs to keep his tail down. Very sound mover. CC & BOB.
Bouvier Des Flandres
1st Miss M. Ashby’s Ch. Chepam Valentina At Calliope C.D. Super head & eye, strong neck, good front, strong body, moved well. CC & BOB.
Minor Puppy Dog
1st Mr. B. Bascombe’s Ardhub Black’s In The Name To Nexgen. What a cracker, lovely pup. His head is coming on as one would expect for his age. Super front & feet. Great bone, grand body, moved very well. RCC.
1st Mr. B. Lowe’s Cottage Bajan Pharoah. Nice pup. A bit plain in head. Nice neck & front. Fabulous front & body. Moved soundly.
1st Mr. R.J. Nurse’s Nexgen Year Of The Tiger. Brindle. Very powerful, good head & front, well balanced body. Moved ok.
2nd Mr. H. King’s Prince Sammler. Red, head not filled in yet, front ok, powerful body, not moving well behind.
1st Mr. M. Miller’s Chapmill Karma. Needs to settle & show himself off. Head is ok. Nice front, would like better hindquarters, which shows in his movement.
1st Mr. B. Lowe’s Ch. Royceprides Epic Dreamer At Cottage. ‘Wow’, this is a true Bullmastiff, so powerful. He has a super head, excellent neck & front, perfect shoulders & front, excels in hindquarters, sound mover. Just wish he would keep his tail down. A top class dog in any country. CC, BOB & Reserve in Group.
1st Mr. B. Bascombe’s Zahara Bulls Katniss At Nexgen. Strong & powerful, beautiful head, good neck & front, good hindquarters, moved ok. CC & RBOB.
2nd Mr. R. Wood’s Ch. Woodney Diana White. Good head, neck & front. Strong body, correct topline. Would like better hindquarters. RCC.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st Mr. H. Corrie’s Market Hill Raffles. Very smart, beautiful head & neck, excellent front, perfect outline, very steady mover. She is one for the future. RCC & RBOB.
1st Mr. M. Forde’s Arisa Baltic Residence. Red of excellent type. Super head, good front & shoulder, perfect topline. Moved very well. CC & BOB.
Minor Puppy Dog
1st Mr. B. Bascombe’s Black Cliff Orion At Nexgen. Super pup, best of heads, excellent eye colour & shape. Good neck & shoulder, perfect front. Moved very well. CC & BOB.
1st Mr. T. Bynoe’s Bellgard Ghetto Amoroso. When this boy came into the ring and was stood in show pose he took my breath away. He is an outstanding example of the breed. From the tip of his nose to the tips of his hind toes, my notes say perfection. ‘Then Disaster”, he just refused to move. His owner took over and he went ok. But in the challenge he refused again. Dogs of this quality don’t come round that often. I felt so sorry for his owner and for myself. RCC.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st Mr. T. Bynoe’s Black Cliff Sky. Lovely youngster. Super head, good neck & front, deep brisket, strong loin, excellent topline. Very good mover. RCC.
2nd Mr. T. Bynoe’s Black Cliff Aqua. Pushed the winner close. Two beautiful sisters. “Aqua” does not show as good as her sister, it will come I am sure.
1st Mr. T. Bynoe’s Bellgard Lucille Ball. Beautiful head, perfect eye, strong neck, correct front, level topline. Moved ok. I see she is the mother of BOB. CC & RBOB.
1st Mstr. X Forde’s Bim Rothershire Asgard. Nice young male. Good head, nice neck & front, needs to settle & show himself off. Very sound mover.
1st Mr. K.A. Mason’s Elthor Dark Primo. Very good head, strong neck, good front, nice outline. Good hindquarters. Looked good on the move.
1st Mr. K. Greene’s Medic Shamus. Loved this boy. Very smart, super head, best of necks & fronts. Excellent topline, terrific bone, correct feet. Strong hindquarters. Very good mover, handled to perfection. Won CC & BOB.
1st Dr. W.L. Welch’s Elthor Dark Matcho. Good strong male. I would like more work in his head. Apart from that he is very sound mover.
1st Mr. N. McClean’s Kent Ridge Suzuki’s Driver. Very good head, powerful neck & body, excellent topline & hindquarters, moved very well. Pushed hard for top spot. RCC & RBOB.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st Mr. O. Holder’s Monifa Black Sorie. I loved this youngster. She has everything you want at this age, I am sure she will finish a top bitch. Best L/B Puppy in Show.
1st Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s Richwood Cia’s Heat. Very smart, super head, correct neck & front, perfect feet, strong body, good topline. Excellent hindquarters, good steady mover. CC.
1st Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s Richwood Cimba’s Heat. Very nice young bitch. She is not as mature as her litter sister “above”. She just needs to come on, moves well.
1st Mr. O. Holder’s Monifa Shades Of Pink. A really smart girl. Looked ok standing but got it together on the move. She has a lovely head & front, good hindquarters. Won a lovely class. RCC.
2nd Mr. O. Holder’s Ashtoria Diva In Black. I would like more work in her head, but the rest of her is very good, moved ok.
3rd Mr. R.T. Alleyne’s Richwood Bea’s A Burning. She is rather plain in head, she has a good body & topline, would like better hind movement.
Russian Black Terrier.
1st Miss A. Bynoe’s Kalaslane Addicted To You. One of the best of this breed I have judged. He does look smart. Loved his head, excellent conformation, strong body, the best of shoulders. Very good mover. CC & BOB.
German Shepherd Dog
1st Mr. F.G.A. Blackman’s Echo El Dorado. I would like to see more substance on this young bitch. Could have moved better.
1st Mr. G. Bannister’s Sky Bella. A lovely type, she has a super head & expression. Good front, excellent body, correct hindquarters. She is quality, just wish she would not drag her owner around the ring. ‘Lots of training please.’ RCC & RBOB.
1st Mrs. B. Kaufman’s Thomson Hauls Ava. Good size, a bit plain in head, correct front, good top line & hindquarters. Moved ok. CC & BOB.
1st Miss J. Wilson’s Ch Sundial’s Sun God Apollo At Kaibo C.D. This red and white is top class, super head, elegant arched neck, correct front, nice tight feet, good depth of chest, firm loin, he moves with an arrogant style about him, just beaten for BIS by the also arrogant Shiba. CC, BOB & Best L/B in Show.
1st Mr. M. & Mrs. E. King’s Tabor Ridge Princess Josie. Nice type. A little plain in head, but that could alter, good neck & front, perfect topline, moved well enjoying herself today. RCC.
1st Mrs. S. Foster’s Sundial Sun Goddess Arinna. Very much like the male on the stack. Good head & neck, correct front, very good hindquarters, very sound mover, but she does not project herself like the male. CC & RBOB.
Mrs. S.B. Hamilton-Outcalt’s Ch. Crownridge Red Regent (A) CDX, UD – This is a cracking Ridgeback. Excellent condition, super head, powerful neck. Great front & bone. His body & ridge & crown are perfection. This hound would be a champion in any country, a top ten dog.
Mr. A. Taylor’s Ch. Calicelesti The One N’ Only At Massima. The Shiba with his offspring, so typy.
Share and Enjoy
Congratulations to Sue Blandford and her Papillon dog, Swift, on achieving the Utility dog title. She is the second person in Barbados to have achieved this title.
Congratulations also to Sarah Hamilton and her Rhodesian Ridgeback, BIS Ch. Celtic River Fizz on achieving the CDX title and Sandra Manning with her German Shepherd Dog, Sophie, on achieving the CD title.
Congratulations to the other participants for passing various legs of the CD.
New comer, Sarah Armstrong, was high and first in the CD trials with her Golden Retriever, Tucker. She passed leg A with high scores.
The trials were held at Waterford through The Barbados Dog Training Club on March 30, 2016.
This is what Sue had to say: “I am so proud of Swift, my Papillon, for passing his third leg in Utility This is the most advanced obedience test in the USA.
I would also like to thank Linda Pearson of Pawsability for teaching me, I am very grateful for her expertise and also Sarah Hamilton for making it possible to take the test here in Barbados.”
Besides the Utility title with Swift, Sue has also achieved CDX titles with the following dogs:
Ch. Dusha (Dobernmann) in 1992
Ch. Karmer (Dobernmann) in 1994
Tattoo (Akita) in 2002
Ch. Wizard (Golden Retriever) in 2008
Swift (Papillon) in 2010
Magic (Belgium Malinois) in 2015
Phantom (German Shepherd) in 2015
I believe Sue would hold the record in Barbados for having as many as 7 CDX titles and now also being the second person here to achieve the Utility title.
On her dogs, Sue said: “I love them all and thank them for being such wonderful, patient companions”.
Share and Enjoy
YouTube videos of this German Shepherd, which went Best of Breed at Crufts, the largest dog show in the world, have been circulating.
Years ago, there were videos labelled Pedigree Dogs Exposed and afterwards The Kennel Club, I believe did breed standard reviews and some breeds were actually “on watch”. Breeds should appear fit enough to appear to be capable of doing the function they were breed to do.
Breeds in the Pastoral and Working Groups should appear strong enough to herd sheep, cattle, perform guard duties as well as being family pets with stable temperaments.
Watching the video, the viewers may well wonder how this German Shepherd got selected to be Best of Breed at Crufts, 2016.